Now that we have designated a sacred space and cleared it of clutter, we can now begin to fill it with the things we love!
We want to create a space that gives you pleasure! We are going to start small, but I invite you to build from here.
When choosing pieces for your sensual space, choose items that appeal to each sense.
Sight, Smell, Taste, Touch, and Sound
We love to see beautiful things! Choose items that bring together visual elements.
Some ideas can be:
- Artwork that you love
- Images of yourself (even better if it’s a boudoir photo featuring you at your most sensual!)
- Colors and patterns that you find pleasing
- Clear of clutter (refer back to Day 2 if you need help with this!)
When you take a deep breath in, would you prefer to smell garlic or roses? Choose scents that are in line with the energy you would like to feel in the space you are in.
- Plug ins are easy and low maintenance
- Reed diffusers can be beautiful and visually appealing
- Room Sprays are great if you are choosing an outdoor space, or a place where you cannot set something down or plug in
- Incense is my personal favorite! I use various scents depending on the mood I am in.
I personally love the taste of black coffee in the morning. Not for you? No problem! Your sensual space can be filled with delicious things to nibble on!
- Fresh Fruit
- Coffee or tea
Velvet feels luxurious against your skin, whereas a wool sweater may feel itchy or scratchy. Choose textiles that you enjoy!
- Silk or velvet bedding can seriously transform how you feel while in bed!
- Pillows or cushions can help with posture and provide comfort
- The clothing we wear should be comfortable with softer fabrics
- Metal or glass surfaces may not be as comfortable or welcoming as something soft
If you ever come to our house, you will hear music throughout! Sound, or the absence of it, brings happiness to people in so many ways!
- Create a playlist for peace, sex, or just dancing and moving!
- Portable speakers are amazing ways to bring music to your sacred space
- Spotify has great playlists that can hit that perfect spot
- Prefer silence? Clear your space from any distracting elements. If you can close doors or windows, even better!
- If you choose to be outdoors, reflect on why you choose it. Do you enjoy listening to the birds chirping? Get a bird feeder and bring them to you!
Day 3 Challenge: Create Your Sacred Space Challenge
Use the list above for ideas on how to create a sacred space that inspires sensuality.
Make sure you appeal to all five senses!