Wowza! 2011 went by fast!
Last year was full of a ton of changes for me and my family. We relocated from Hawaii to Virginia, said goodbye to our baby Kato, conquered a deployment, bought a new car, and I landed a pretty awesome job. It was most certainly a year of up’s and down’s, but I firmly believe that everyting happens for a reason.
2011 was definitely a year of reflection. After graduating from college in 2010 I took some time to decide which path my future would make. I will be completely honest. There were so many times that I just felt like giving up on photography. But each time I picked up my camera I swear I felt fireworks. There is a love that lies within this hunk of metal and glass and it makes my world shine just a little bit brighter.
One thing that I am incredibly excited about is February 19th. This is my baby’s birthday. It will mark the third year that I have been in business! This year is going to be filled with changes and one of the biggest things will be a change in pricing.
Every year I like to sit down and think of some new things to do for the biz, things I want to change, and how I want to make not just myself better, but the world a better place.
Which brings me to the thing that I am the most excited about…
There are a few charities that I love to particiapte in and volunteer for through both my business and my personal life. You may have met me through Operation Love Reunited, or you may have found out about me through I Picture Hope.
One quote I live my life by is from the wise Ghandi.
You can help me decide here.
- I’m going digital. I swear this took a ton of thinking. I consulted other area photographers and was told that I was crazy. But that’s okay. I am. I will still be offering prints because there is nothing you can ever do to replace how amazing the quality of a well made print is. But I am a technology baby. When looking for a photographer I look for somebody who offers digital files because I like having the ability to print as many times as I see fit. Like always, I will be retaining files for at least a year. I most certainly encourage you to print your photos because they are meant to be displayed on your walls, and not just your facebook wall 🙂 Now, this is going to be on a trial basis. I will be trying it out for the next six months and then getting some feedback from you lovely people.
- Prices will be changing. Don’t worry, I’m going to be lowering my prices a little bit. My session fee for 2012 portrait and boudoir sessions is changing from $175 to $150. A disk of 20 images will be changing from $450 to $250.
- A kick ass referral system is being put in place 🙂 If you have had your session with me in the past and refer somebody who books I will send you a $25 Visa gift card or give you and the person who books a $50 print credit.
- I am hand making some pretty awesome packaging that your images will be delivered in. I’ve spent a few weeks gathering all of the supplies and creating these personalized boxes for each and every one of you.
- I made a slight change to my logo. I hope you like it 🙂 I am happy to say that I made it through 2011 with only two logo changes 🙂 I swear I have artist adhd.
This is a year of refocusing and rebirth for myself and my business. I am taking a step back this year and sort of starting over, but without all of the fun mistakes I made my first year in business 🙂
I look forward to furthering our relationship this year, and if I haven’t photographed you yet, I would love to welcome you in to my little photography family. When I say that I love my clients I seriously mean it. So many of you have become such great friends and you really rock my world!
Here’s to a kick ass 2012!